Thursday, November 25, 2010

Mathieu Darche - Does make the team better.

The other day I was watching the game and RDS posed a question that to be quite honest I think is ridiculous. The question was in French but I'll paraphrase to the best of my abilities.  Basically they were asking if Darche makes the team better or not. To me after 20+ games it's a ridiculous question, in my mind the response is "of course he does".

I'll be the first to admit I had my doubts about the Darche signing, thought maybe it could have been a waste of salary cap space due to it being a depth signing. I don't think I'm too worried about it anymore as Darche is a very hard working player who makes things happen. As a thirteenth forward I don't think it gets much better than Mathieu Darche. I'm not sure if this was a question posed by a fan or RDS but the fact that RDS chose this question above others to me is just crazy.

Darche fills the role he's given by our management on any given night. He has never hurt the team but on many occasions has in fact helped the team a lot. What more could you want from a "thirteenth" forward and I'm beginning to use that word pretty loosely already. The team simply has looked better when he's in the line up then with out. So to the question "Does Darche make the team better" I boldly answer "of course he does!"

No comments:

Post a Comment